Four University View Academy (UVA) teachers have been chosen as Teacher Leader Advisors by the Louisiana Department of Education for the 23-24 school year. Representing UVA this year are:
- Lindsay Duet
- Christina Holland
- Amanda Jones
- Jasmyn Watson
Louisiana Teacher Leaders make up a group of outstanding educators from around the state who are focused on high expectations for students. This group has three core beliefs:
- Those closest to students are best positioned to make instructional decisions.
- The state has a role in providing resources and training directly to teachers.
- Teacher Leaders are a powerful voice in training fellow teachers.
Teacher Leader Advisors play a critical role in creating tools and facilitating professional development for educators across Louisiana. Teacher Leader Advisors:
- evaluate publisher-submitted curricular materials for quality
- update the ELA Guidebooks content and analyze texts
- score and annotate student work samples
- develop and facilitate professional development sessions for fellow Louisiana educators
- participate in focus groups related to LDOE’s academic strategy
- review new course framework documents for updated social studies standards
- develop high-quality instructional tasks and resources for math, science, social studies, and literacy
- raise awareness among Louisiana educators of the tools and resources available in the Louisiana Teacher Toolbox
For more information about Teacher Leader Advisors, please visit this page.