Members of the University View Academy chapter of Louisiana DECA joined 345 high school business, finance, hospitality, and marketing students at the annual association career development conference held Feb. 26-28 at the Baton Rouge Marriott in Baton Rouge, La.
The following students received recognition for individual ability and achievement at the association level:
- Hailey Cooper placed as a finalist in the Principles of Hospitality & Tourism event
- Brock Sykes placed as a finalist in Entrepreneurship Series event
- Brock Sykes placed 3rd in the Entrepreneurship Start-Up Business Plan
- Brock Sykes placed 1st in the Louisiana Virtual Business Challenge for the Hotel Challenge
- Isabella Duronslet placed 3rd in the Principles of Finance event
The chapter received recognition for ability and achievement at the association level:
- Largest Louisiana DECA Chapter – 130 members
- Outstanding DECA Chapter Advisor – Mindy Rose
- 5-5-5 Outstanding Chapter Award
- Get the Edge Chapter Campaign Award
- Brock Sykes was elected as the Louisiana DECA Vice President of Marketing and Communications
These students will advance to international level competition at the DECA International Career Development Conference that will be held April 22-25, 2023, in Orlando, Fla.
As an integral part of the classroom curriculum, DECA’s industry-validated competitive events are aligned with the National Curriculum Standards in the career clusters of marketing, business management and administration, finance, and hospitality and tourism. DECA’s competitive events directly contribute to every student being college and career ready when they graduate from high school. More than 30 business professionals evaluated the members’ performance in the format of role-plays, case studies, and prepared presentations.