UVA 2018 Enrollment

K-12 ENROLLMENT FOR 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS ON FEBRUARY 2 Enrollment for K-12 in the 2018-19 School Year continues based on available spaces. To enroll in University View Academy, you must meet specific state and program requirements determined by the Louisiana State Department of Education. You must live in Louisiana, have access to the internet, provide proof of required immunizations and no students can enroll who are expelled from their local school or district. Because University View Academy is an online school which draws students from across Louisiana, no sports programs are offered.

Home schooled students must submit an approved Home Study Application from the Louisiana State Board of Education. The enrollment of University View Academy is limited by the state to 2300 students. If a student is placed on a waiting  list, they will be released to enroll as space becomes available in their grade. WHY UVA IS A GREAT FIT FOR HOME SCHOOL FAMILIES


What is the earliest age my child can enroll?

Where do I have to live to enroll?

What immunization and health screenings are necessary for my child to enroll?

What academic records do I need to enroll my child?

What other documentation is necessary to enroll my child?

Age Limitations


To be eligible to enroll in University View Academy:


  • Kindergarten: Students enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 30 in the school year for which they are applying.


  • First grade: Students entering first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 30 in the school year for which they are applying, and must have completed a full time kindergarten program or tested ready for first grade through the school placement test.

Required Documents

A copy of the student's official birth certificate must be provided to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of your student’s official birth certificate along with your enrollment documents.


  • If you need a copy of your child's birth certificate, you can order it online through the State of Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals website. Please visit the "How to Order Birth Records" webpage for more information.



Geographical Limitations

You must provide acceptable proof of residency in Louisiana to be eligible for enrollment in University View Academy. Do Not Withdraw students from their present school until receiving confirmation they are enrolled in University View Academy. Please complete the enrollment process and University View Academy will notify the student's previous district of the change in schools.

Required Documents

A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.

  • Utility bill- gas water, sewage, or electric bill showing service address and dated within 60 days
  • Mortgage statement showing property address and dated within 60 days
  • Internet or cable/satellite television bill showing service address and dated within 60 days
  • Current signed lease agreement
  • Current Driver's license
  • Current bank statement
  • Current Homestead Exemption bill
  • Current property tax statement
  • Current official letter from a government agency (Dept. of Children's and Family Services, Dept. of Health, etc.) regarding services provided


All students must provide evidence of their immunizations to be eligible for enrollment. Please submit one of the following:

  • A print out from the LINKS (Louisiana Immunization Network for Kids Statewide) available from a physician’s office
  • IMM-1 card obtained from the Louisiana Office of Public Health (OPH)/Immunization Program or other proof of immunization that includes dates of series with an authorized signature
  • A certificate of immunization signed by a healthcare provider
  • Review Louisiana immunization requirements

Where Can I Get Immunizations for My Student?

Immunizations can be obtained from doctor’s offices, clinics, or hospitals. Pediatricians and family doctors or their nurses or medical assistants can give your student the shots they need to meet the requirements for school enrollment. In addition, some large chain pharmacies offer immunizations for older children and adults. If you need assistance paying for shots/vaccinations, you may be able to get free or reduced immunizations through this program:


Vaccines for Children (VFC)

This program is a federally funded program that provides vaccines at no cost to children who might not otherwise be vaccinated because of inability to pay. Children who are eligible for VFC vaccines are entitled to receive pediatric vaccines that are recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.

Medical and Personal Exemption

A student may be exempt from immunizations for medical and personal belief reasons. For a medical exemption, the caretaker of the student must submit a letter signed by the student’s physician. For a personal belief exemption, the caretaker of the student must submit a signed letter explaining their position.

Prior Academic Records

All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll and will be requested to submit academic records for placement.

Report Card:

For students applying for kindergarten-ninth grade: Please submit a copy of the report card from the most recent school year.

The following items should be included on the report card:

·         Student Name

·        Grade Level

·        School Year (example: 2015–16)

·        School Name

·         Grading Scale (example: 90–100%=A)

Unofficial Transcript:

For students applying for 10th–12th grade:

Submit an unofficial transcript that includes the complete end-of-year grades from the prior school year and any academic documentation (such as a progress report/interim report, class schedule, or marking period/semester (report card) issued for the current school year. Additional documentation may be requested for placement.


The following items should be included on the unofficial transcript:

Student Name

·G    Grade Level

·         School Year (example: 2015–16)

·         School Name

·         Grading Scale (example: 90–100%=A)

·         Credits Earned  

Not Sure How to Get Your Child’s Report Card or Transcript?

Contact your student's previous school and request the document, providing them with the information outlined above, OR contact your school's district office with the request.

If your children are currently homeschooled, please complete a Prior Academic History Form.

For homeschooled students in kindergarten–eighth grade:


Complete the Prior Academic History Form indicating what courses were completed through a homeschool curriculum.


High School Homeschool Credit Form

For homeschooled students in ninth–12th grade:

·         Complete the High School Homeschool Credit Form indicating any high school level courses completed through a homeschool curriculum

·         Important Note for Homeschoolers (Participants of the Home Study Program):

Based on regulations from the State of Louisiana Department of Education, University View Academy requires students who were previously (or who are currently being) homeschooled to submit their current approved Home Study Application or letter from the State of Louisiana Department of Education. For more information regarding these regulations, please see the Home Study webpage on the Department of Education website.

Prior Public Schooling Limitations


·         Students entering first grade must have attended a full-day public or private kindergarten for a full academic year or satisfactorily pass academic readiness screening administered by University View Academy at the time of enrollment for first grade.


·         All students in other grades who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.


·         A student must be enrolled during the semester immediately prior to graduation and not be full-time enrolled in any other school.



·         Earn a minimum of 5 credits (or 10 courses) required for graduation, with at least 1.5 of these credits (or 3 courses) earned in the semester immediately prior to graduation.


We will assign your student’s teachers and ship any course materials, if provided, to your verified address.

State Testing:

Submission of state test scores is optional for students who want to enroll in 5th or 9th grade.  

Other Documentation:


You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:


·         Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.


·         504 Plan: If your student has had a 504 Plan within the past three years, please submit a copy of this document.